Join the City Slicker Farms Team!
City Slicker Farms is seeking a Director of Advancement.
The Director of Advancement is responsible for overseeing the planning, implementation, and monitoring of development efforts for City Slicker Farms, including fundraising strategy development, donor cultivation, securing major gifts, grant writing and management, annual fund administration, and assisting in the oversight of the final phase of the organization's Capital Campaign.
The holder of this position must have a proven ability to meet fundraising goals. The ideal candidate will be a thoughtful professional who will bring experience, collegiality, energy, creativity, sensitivity, flexibility, and high follow-through to the effort of securing philanthropic support for City Slicker Farms.
The Director of Advancement reports to the Executive Director.
- Work with the Executive Director to develop and implement the organization's overall fundraising and sustainability strategy
- Serve as senior staff member and strategic thought-partner to the Executive Director
- Develop and implement major gifts and individual donor fundraising plan
- Administer the annual fund campaign
- Develop and implement the organization's foundation strategy, including working with the Executive Director to create and cultivate relationships with foundation funders and grant writing
- Assist in Business Development through building strategic relationships with local agencies
- Work closely with the Board of Directors and Fundraising Committee to build fundraising capacity and execute fundraising activities (e.g. cultivation, events, etc.)
- Assist with oversight of capital campaign
- Experience managing and implementing comprehensive fund development programs
- Experience leading annual and/or capital campaigns
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced organization, change course quickly, manage complex issues creatively and effectively, work on deadline and manage multiple assignments, execute exceptional organizational skills, maintain high attention to detail, manage complex data sets, and identify and take advantage of opportunities as they emerge.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills with ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships; ability to work collaboratively with colleagues within the organization, and conduct professional and credible interactions with donors, prospects, board members and outside vendors. Must value and respect a high degree of collaboration within a diverse population of colleagues and affiliates.
- Ability to deal discreetly and diplomatically with a wide variety of people and to maintain confidential information with discretion, diplomacy and tact.
- Success in standard fundraising techniques including face-to-face, telephone and direct mail solicitation; database expertise a plus
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Experience in working successfully with volunteers, major donors, and a diverse group of people in terms of age, race, gender, ethnicity, and economic status
- Strong organizational and computer/software skills
- Experience working in food justice or social justice is a plus
How to Apply
Submit a cover letter, resume and salary history to email@example.com or by mail to City Slicker Farms, 1625 16th Street, Oakland, CA 94607.